Dubrovnik is surrounded by a lovely archipelago, TP line catamarans connect the city with Lastovo, Šipan, Mljet, Korčula, Hvar, Brač and Split.
Visit numerous historic monuments such as the Dubrovnik city walls, the Assumption cathedral and the Rector’s palace or take a walk on the Stradun street in the old town.
Dubrovnik is a beautiful historic town in the southernmost part of Croatia. For centuries it has been the capital of a rich maritime state called the Republic of Dubrovnik. From 1979. it has been under the protection of UNESCO due to its rich architectural heritage. More recently Dubrovnik acted as the fictional Kings Landing in the famous Game of Thrones TV show. The town is surrounded by a lovely archipelago connected with Dubrovnik by TP Line catamarans.
There are numerous things to see and do in Dubrovnik. You can visit many historic monuments such as the Dubrovnik city walls, the Assumption cathedral and the Rector’s palace or take a walk on the Stradun street in the old town. Very close to the Old Town you will find the Banje beach. It is an urban pebble beach overlooking the ancient city fortifications. On the other side of the old town you will find the Kolorina cove where you can rent a kayak and enjoy the view of Dubrovnik from a different perspective.
Above the Dubrovnik old town you will find a belvedere called Srđ. You can go there by the Dubrovnik cableway, local taxi or by a steep walking path beginning just across the highway passing through the town. Those who enjoy nightlife will find what they are looking for at the Culture club Revelin located in a medieval fortress or the Club Lazareti near Banje beach. Smaller settlements surrounding Dubrovnik also have very rich cultural heritage. Don’t miss out on manifestations such as Cavtat summer carnival or Čilipi folklore performances. Visit ancient fortresses built to defend the Republic of Dubrovnik, the most notable being the 7 kilometers long Walls of Ston and the Sokol Grad Fortress. Embark on a TP Line catamaran at the city port of Gruž and enjoy discovering the beautiful archipelago of Dubrovnik.
Find out more on the local Tourist Board website and the Dubrovnik and Neretva county tourist board website.
MAKE THE MOST OUT OF YOUR STAY:
- Make sure to explore the majestic city walls of Dubrovnik and the nearby Saint Lawrence fortress.
- Try local food at Lokanda Peskarija, a restaurant on a great location that offers excellent seafood at reasonable prices.
- Visit the Dubrovnik Aquarium within the walls of the medieval fortress of Saint John. There you will find a 31 tank filled with Adriatic Sea fauna and flora.
- Discover the lovely island Lokrum just 4 kilometers away from Dubrovnik old town. You can go there by kayak.
- Don’t forget to spend some time on Banje, a pebble beach with a beautiful view of the Old Town Port.